How Art Enhances Your Home
If there is one thing that has tremendous visual appeal and makes a huge statement about your taste and your sense of style, it’s artwork. Whether you are choosing to buy paintings or invest in sculptures or even abstract art options that you can hang on the wall, the artwork that you choose does say a lot about you.
Art can be something that enhances your home and the way everything looks, but displaying art can almost be an art in itself. Whether you are choosing coffee shop prints that you buy or you choose to get some replicated Monet prints, the choices that you make when it comes to your artwork really do make a difference to your home. Interior decorators place art and furnishings into a room to create a living environment that is harmonious, beautiful, and something that doesn’t feel anything other than calming and effective. You want to be able to replicate the same thing, but doing it yourself. So, if you want to make sure that you can have the right art that enhances your home, here are some ways that it can do that.
- You have to get the scale right. It doesn’t matter whether you have a hanging, photograph or painting that you truly love that you want to hang on the walls, if you want it to be appreciated in the correct way, you have to ensure that it’s scaled within the wall. A small painting on a giant wall behind a couch can make the whole room look strange and out of balance. If you have a large wall, a wide painting would be better because if the couch is beneath it it would suit the width of the couch. It will be noticed, appreciated, and fit the size of the room.
- Art can be enhanced with the right spacing. To enhance the art that you bring into your home, you need to make sure that it’s spaced the right way. If you have a few pieces of art that you would like to display on one wall, you need to ensure that they are parallel as well as being similar in appearance so that they can complement each other. Think black and white sketches or photographs that have the same theme. Filling up the wall with contrasting paintings can look more of a mess than it does anything else. You want to have people excited about the artwork and that’s only going to be possible if you have everything looking uniform.
- Art helps to create the right mood. It doesn’t have to be high end art to have a true impact on people who are in your home. Artwork tells a story and even the simplest of patterns can do that. Some people forget that art can be just as beautiful when it’s for those who live in the house and not just for people who come in to admire it. What kind of mood do you want to set for your living room? What kind of feeling do you want for your bedroom? These are questions that you have to answer to be able to determine the type of mood your artwork is going to give.
- The colour coordination can draw attention to your home. It’s nice to be able to draw attention to your art, but drawing attention to your house is a whole other thing. If you want people to walk in and be wowed by the way you have decorated your home, then you really do need to think about colour coordination. Cushions and accent colors in each room can match the art and that will tie the elements of each room together. That can help to provide you with the exact feeling and mood that you want from your art.
- Art offers perspective. If you have high walls in your home, then wider pieces of art will make the walls appear shorter and improve the perspective of the room overall. If you want a room to appear longer than all you need to do is make sure you have a series of smaller paintings that you hang together in a row. This enables the wall to feel and look taller and slimmer. If you hang smaller artwork and objects vertically you gain a whole new perspective.
- It’s fun. If you want to inject some fun into your home then artwork is really the way to go. There are plenty of small framed works of art out there that can be arranged together with common colour and pattern elements. When you do this you include a little bit of creative whimsy to your room and that can make a massive difference to the feeling of your space. Artwork is designed to enhance the space it occupies, and knowing that it’s going to be in your home should really help you to feel at ease with your surroundings.
- It’s the bold statement you’ve been looking for. The artwork that you choose, no matter the type of art, can make a bold statement that reflects your personality. It’s not for everyone, because not everybody wants to have artwork hanging in their home. Once it’s done tastefully though, it can work in harmony with the rest of the room. A bold statement can really make your space stand out or whether you are adding artwork to a Conservatory, a lounge or a bedroom space, you can really enhance the way things look.
- It stands out under the right lighting. If you do choose to go ahead and display artwork in your home, make sure that you are displaying it with the right lighting. You want to have the artwork looked at, because if you are spending the money on ensuring that your home looks sophisticated and more cultural than anywhere else in your life, then you need to have it up lit and looking beautiful. In fact, it’s one of the best ways to enhance the artwork as well as enhancing your home.